A Step-by-Step Guide to the complete IVF Process
That is why at the World IVF center in Delhi, we make it a priority to not just treat infertility but also to make people more aware of the different truths and myths regarding infertility. Our IVF doctor Delhi ranks among some of the best fertility clinics in Delhi and India, primarily because of our great fertility team and extensive infrastructure.
IVF, in vitro fertilization, is not a new procedure. In fact, it’s a common practice in western countries and while it is a little ways off from becoming mainstream in India, it has made amazing strides in the process. IVF, simply, is the process of the mating of male sperm and female egg or ovum outside the body before it is implanted in a healthy uterus.
Though it sounds pretty simple, the procedure itself is very complicated and requires a lot of precautions for its successful completion. Our IVF center in Delhi is well known for its fertility expertise. Here, we have compiled a simple and easy guide for you to follow to understand the IVF process:-
- Fertility testing- The first thing that a fertility expert does is to confirm a diagnosis of infertility. In some cases, although the patients may be fertile, they may still have trouble conceiving due to outside factors such as stress, diet, environment, etc. As such, before beginning any sort of treatment, the doctor runs comprehensive tests and examinations on both male and female reproductive organs of the couple to make sure that they actually need fertility treatment.
- Designing a Treatment Plan- After a diagnosis of infertility in either or both of the people in the couple has been confirmed by the doctor, he would set out to design a treatment plan that is the best fit for the couple, whether it includes IUI, ICSI, or anything else. He would then discuss the treatment options with the patient and describe the process along with the risks associated with it.
- Boosting egg production via superovulation- at the beginning of the treatment, the IVF specialist administers fertility drugs to the female patient to stimulate the production of Follicle Stimulating hormones and ovaries to release more than one mature ovum to give the patient better chances of conceiving. The more eggs are produced, the higher chances there are of a successful conception. The doctor does transvaginal ultrasounds and blood tests regularly during this step to keep check of the hormone levels and monitor for any complications.
- Egg Removal- A final hormone injection is given to the patient on the day before the release of ova to stimulate their maturation. Afterward, the eggs are retrieved through a minor surgical procedure called follicular aspiration outpatient under local anesthesia. The doctor uses an ultrasound to guide a thin needle in the ovaries through the vagins and suctions out the mature eggs one at a time. The patient is anesthetized locally to remove any feeling of discomfort.
- Sperm Collection from the male partner or donor- At the same time that the eggs are being removed, the male partner or selected donor provides the sperm sample, which is speed-washed and spun in order to collect the healthiest sperms in the batch.
- Unison of sperm and eggs or Fertilisation- After this part, comes the natural process of fertilization, albeit done in a lab in a petri dish. It can be done in a couple of different ways depending upon the patient treatment plan. This may, in many cases, lead to the formation of more than one healthy embryo.
- Embryo transfer into a healthy uterus- once the eggs are collected from the patient, she is given another dose of fertility drugs, this time to prepare the lining of the uterus for the implantation of the healthy embryo in it. The process is generally carried out about three to five days after successful fertilization using a catheter outpatient.
All the fertilized embryos are transferred to the uterus in hopes that even just a single one will implant itself on the uterus wall. There might even be multiple implantations, hence why multiple children are common in women who get pregnant through IVF.
- Confirmation of the pregnancy- The final step is the easiest and the happiest part of the entire process, i.e. the confirmation of the pregnancy, which can be done either via a blood test or a pee test.
Why World IVF Centre is right for you?
At our IVF treatment in Delhi NCR, we prioritize all our patients and give them the same level of care, regardless of any outside factors. The fertility specialists at the centre are extremely talented and experienced with comprehensive and extensive knowledge regarding the human body and fertility.
Not just this, the infrastructure of the entire facility is designed in such a way that it is easier for the doctor to treat the patient and the patient feels safe and comfortable during the entire process.
We can reassure you that coming to us is the right decision for you and your budding family.